COVID VACCINE – SPRING BOOSTER UPDATE
Posted by: Admin - Posted on:
The NHS is offering covid vaccine spring boosters to certain people. This includes:
- Those aged 75 and over
- Those living in a care home for older people
- Those aged 12 and over with a weakened immune system. For most people in this category hospital specialists will advise that you are eligible. Examples include patients with a blood cancer, organ transplant recipients, patients on chemotherapy or other medication that weakens your immune system
- The spring boosters are being delivered from the Grammar School in Northallerton by Homecare Pharmacy who are running the programme rather than local GP surgeries.
- The centre is open:
- June – Thursday 8:30-5:30 and Saturday 9.00 – 12.00.
- July and August – Thursday 9.00 – 5.00 (subject to change)
- Walk in vaccinations may be available however you are strongly advised to book an appointment to be certain of receiving your vaccine. GP surgeries do not have access to the national booking system so are unable to do this for you. You can access the booking system either online (scroll to the green ‘book now’ button at the bottom) or on the telephone via 119 (choose option 1 then 2).
- You will be contacted by the NHS and invited to book your spring booster when it’s due. You may be offered appointment dates from 3 months (91 days) after your last dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. But try to book an appointment around 6 months after your last dose to get the best protection from your spring booster.
- Care Homes will be contacted separately to receive their spring boosters.